Gnome scanner utility crashes, no Bugzilla component

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:35:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:19:58 -0500, Matthew wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 01:02 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > Confirmed.
> > > That looks like a bug in the dynamic updating of the form fields.
> > > Changing "Classification" updates "Product" listbox, but "Version"
> > > and "Target" listboxes don't change.
> >
> > It's not a bug, you have to click on "Refresh
> > Components/Versions/Milestones". They made it an explicit pushbutton
> > because having this done automatically was too slow, people did not
> > understand why their browser froze.
>
> Wow, I missed that completely.  (And I think I'm not the only one...)
> Maybe the button could highlight if some fields are out of date?

Oh, or put some fat'n'red text in front of it, or move the button to the
top left corner. Currently, the button hides itself successfully with the
combo-boxes below it.

> FWIW, it didn't seem to take too long when I tried it (6Mpbs DSL).

It's the processing-power that _used to_ matter. It had caused script
execution timeouts in Firefox, taking up to 60s even on 2GHz machines.
I cannot reproduce that when using this new button.