Skype and video[Was:Webcam recommendations?]

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:35:05 UTC 2009

I ran the same version of skype on my laptop running F10 and my webcam and
sound worked fine.  Here's the webcam info

Bus 001 Device 010: ID 046d:09a2 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate
Deluxe/S7500

I had to play around with the sound devices configuration in the skype
options  to get sound to work.  Some sound settings in skype would indicate
sound was working but I was unable to make a test call.  I finally got past
that and was able to make a test call and had my webcam displaying.

Hope this helps

Paolo