ATI (Chipped) Graphic Card Pre-Purchase Advise?

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Wed Feb 25 07:26:34 UTC 2009

Hi,
> http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=404841&view=detailed#ProductTabs
>
> Am thinking of his for my graphics\rendering box.
> How would this work in with F11+ with re. driver support.

There is not a clear answer to it: Maybe. I am running a hd4850 here and
it is possible to get it running with accelerated 2d (EXA) with latest
trunks and lots of fiddling. 3D ist currently an absolute no go and I
won't expect to get it in shape for F11 (maybe during live time). The
documentation is released and there are good changes that they might be
supported as well as the R500. However, you should defenitly expect that
it might take some months or years. Nobody currently is giving any
trustful roadmap for having full DRI support on these cards... there is
only hope ;)

Best regards,
Florian