[OT] I need copy of fedora linux in DVD form -reg

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Feb 25 19:24:33 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009, Aldo Foot wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram
><sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
><snip>

>>> I have no problem with being polite.  I just think that the language was
>>> a bit excessive.
>>
>> I understand it looks odd to you but it is a cultural difference
>> primarily.
>>
>> Rahul
>
>The cultural difference is already shown by the way the OP addresses
>the intended audience: "Respected Sir/Madam". And he got hammered
>in return because of the lack of understanding of how things work in
>his world.
>The world is not the same outside our borders. There are many countries
>were the resources are not as readily available as they are for us.
>
>~af

I would also interject here that the "Respected Sir/Madam" bit is a plus point
for spam as its used the most often as the greeting in a phishing or 419
message.  Some of those are so plainly so that they get drug-n-dropped into
my spam folder, to be used as training for sa-learn -spam that I run daily
with cron.  I have to admit I was reaching for the mouse when the rest of the
message finally registered.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)