How do I play this link ?

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:24:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:58:46 -0800, Aldo wrote:
>
>> the last time I tried to install mplayer was a royal pain in the rear and I just
>> gave up on it... dependencies missing... this package needed by that one...
>> It was not worth the pain.
>
> Such a reply is completely not helpful. It's nothing else than FUD.
> rpmfusion.org offers a repository, which includes mplayer. No need
> to hunt for missing dependencies manually. Just use the standard
> package management utilities that come with Fedora. And in case there
> is a problem with the packages in the rpmfusion.org repository,
> report a bug.

FUD? why would I care whether someone uses mplayer or not?
I'm merely expressing my opinion.

maybe I should've mentioned I did this on CentOS.

CentOS uses rpmforge to install mplayer.

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: mplayer = 1.0-0.101.20080903svn.el5.1 is
needed by package mplayer-gui
Error: Missing Dependency: libdvdread.so.4 is needed by package mplayer-gui
Error: Missing Dependency: libdvdnavmini.so.4 is needed by package mplayer-gui

but i have mplayer installed, just not the matching version required by the gui.
$ rpm -qa | grep mplayer
mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.0.rf.noarch
mplayer-1.0-0.40.rc1try2.el5.rf.i386

~af