linkage problem?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Feb 28 20:17:40 UTC 2009

Greetings;

Now running F10.  When I click on a link in an email that would normally go to
firefox, it is starting a fresh copy even though there is a copy running on
another window, AND it is opening two tabs of the new invocation in the new
copy of firefox, which of course opens on top of the window kmail is running
in.

When I was running F8, kmail simply handed the link to whatever firefox that
was running as it could just as easily been 2.0.0.19.

I note that in kontrol->file associations, there are often 2 copies of
firefox, presumably because when F10 installed itself, it installed 3.0.4
alongside the 3.0.6 install.  I had yum remove the 3.0.4 version and then
relinked /usr/lib/firefox/firefox (the 3.0.6 install) to /usr/sbin/firefox
which I believe was the previous setup.

Any idea where to go looking for this?  It is a bit of a PIMA.

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)