A reminder of EOL for F8

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jan 5 20:30:32 UTC 2009

Chris Snook wrote:
> Do the F8 repos disappear on Jan 7th as well?  I'd hate to be the admin
> who doesn't notice until Jan. 8th, and needs some tool that's not
> installed in order to migrate gracefully.

ATRPMs for F8 will disappear almost immediately, the other repos leave
their last stuff around for a long time.....

Also note that FC6 released its last updates a day or two *after* the
EOL date (plus time to actually hit the mirrors), but ATRPMs had already
been removed so there were no new ATRPM kernel modules for the last FC6
kernel.  YMMV.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com