Grub and two distros

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 17:04:16 UTC 2009

I think I may have solved the mystery of my wireless problems - I'll report
back in a few hours when I'm more sure.  Meanwhile, I'm now about to reinstall
Fedora.  I'd like, if possible, to keep Linpus Lite, as I found that having
the easy interface on the EeePC was very useful when strangers were curious
about it.

Linpus appears to be using about 8GB, so I figure that if I shrink its
partition to 12GB that should be plenty for anything I'll ever need.  I'll
then do a custom install of Fedora.  I've not done a dual install like this
before (apart from windows dual-boot).  Can I expect that grub will recognise
and set up the Linpus installation, or am I likely to have to do some jiggery-
pokery to get things going?  If there are any problems I want to know about
them before I start :-)

Anne