Asset Management

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Jan 15 21:24:38 UTC 2009

I know there are plenty of asset management software out there.
Everything I've seen so far is for hardware and software, network,
manufacturer, etc., etc.  I'm looking for something a little bit
broader.

I want one location for all our marketing and web assets. Stock
photos, pictures of products, pictures of projects, templates that we
send to clients, PDFs of data sheets and info pages, catalogs of our
vendors, ads we have run in magazines and
newspapers, anything that has anything to do with our marketing and
online presents. I want it all in one place, inventoried and
cataloged.  And of course, the hardware, software, network and all
that jazz too.

I know that's a tall order, but even if it's something that has
different modules to be added, that's great.  And if it's open source,
even better!

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't want to have to reinvent
the wheel if it already exists.