VMware server 2.0, /usr/src/linux?

Paul Blondé jpb at entel.ca
Mon Jan 19 01:54:54 UTC 2009

Put the VMs into /usr/src/linux maybe?

Blind guess.

  _____

Paul Blondé

  _____

From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Jamie Bohr
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:36 PM
To: Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: VMware server 2.0, /usr/src/linux?

I must be missing something ... I can install VMWare server but
vmware-config.pl fails because /usr/src/linux/include is not present.  From
that I can tell from reading this forum and others there should be no
problem running vmware-config.pl.  I had VMware server 2 installed on FC8
but because of a disk crash I had to start over.  I did a "yum provides
/usr/src/liux" and nothing came back.  Can someone tell me what I am missing
to get VMWare Server 2.0 vmware-config.pl to complete?

I have Selinux disabled, 8 gigs of ram, 900G of RAID 1 (now) disks and three
VM on a backup drive that I would like to use.

--
Jamie Bohr