Package Manager Denies Permission to Install

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 19 15:03:32 UTC 2009

I was installing F10 to one of my boxes, and needed to install some
-devel files. I found those on a mirror, in .../Everything/...

Clicking on the link gave the usual 'what do you want to do' message.
Clicking install raised a warning about installing as root. I clicked
continue....and got a message that I 'didn't have permission to
continue' (or words to that effect) and my system, having assumed
god-like powers refused to let me install the file!

WTF??? Does anyone know where this little bit of insanity is stored and
how to remove it?

Geoff