Question for our users

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 19 16:17:23 UTC 2009

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Hello Fedora Users!  I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind answering
> the following questions for me to the list.
>
> What is Fedora (the operating system)?
A RH-centric, single-user/desktop Linux distro test-bed.

> Who uses Fedora?
Developers, testers, "geeks".

More general, people who prefer to stick with RH-flavors of Linux for
one or more reasons.

> Who should use Fedora?
* Developers/People who have developed a desire to tailor a Linux distro
to meet their needs better.
* People who are looking for an alternative to the OS they currently are
using.
* Developers in need to keep pace with the Linux "bleeding edge".

"multimedia" (home-) users, "office"-desktop users, linux-newcomers or
server-/multi-users should avoid Fedora.

Ralf