How to update from rpm 4.4 to rpm 5.0

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 06:05:34 UTC 2009

I did try and set up the dries.repo
It does not find this version of rpm there, because it
is in a different path, and they provide no appropriate
dir structure where yum gets to find what it needs for these
files.
That is why I downloaded each one manually.

But - I have given up on that.
I decided to make and make install the ntfs-3g
without the benefit of having an rpm handle to un-install it later.
Perhaps I will have to keep the build dir so I can do  make uninstall
when it becomes necessary.

Cheers,

JD