Will Fedora 9 get 2.6.28?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jan 20 22:57:53 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 17:41:14 -0500,
  aragonx at dcsnow.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The subject says it all really.  I'm running Fedora 9 and want to use
> EXT4.  I realize there is support in the 2.6.27 but I've read that all the
> goddies are not in until 2.6.28.  So, will Fedora 9 get it or do I have to
> upgrade to Fedora 10?

There was a test build of 2.6.28 for F9 on koji, but more recent builds
for F9 have been 2.6.27 kernels. So it looks like it is being considered,
but isn't ready yet. Even for F10 no 2.6.28 kernels have been pushed to
updates or updates-testing. I am running the 2.6.28.1-17.fc10.x86_64
kernel right now and it seems to be running OK.