dhcp and NetworkManager

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jan 21 12:41:37 UTC 2009

I am presuming that what I am seeing is a result of using NetworkManager
because I have never seen this before.

Each restart, both the wired and wireless adaptors on my new Acer Aspire
One get a different IP address from DHCP. My previous experiences with
'network' is that the same computer/adaptor would get ask for and get
the same IP address each restart.

Now I could (and probably will) lock in the IP address on my DHCP server
because my .ssh/known_hosts grows another address each time I restart
and connect via ssh but am wondering if there is a reason for this
behavior.

Craig