Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Thu Jan 22 19:57:32 UTC 2009

Dave Feustel wrote:
> Has anyone any experience transferring ebooks between Amazon's Kindle book
> reader and Fedora using the Kindle's usb connection?

ebooks purchased from Amazon for the Kindle are DRM encumbered.

They are an evilution of mobi format with DRM.   They cannot be read
outside the Kindle, sorry.

However, the Kindle can read regular DRM free mobi format books, like
those from Baen publishing.  In which case, you would be going the other
way. :)

However, I do not not have experience with a Kindle.  I do my ebook
reading on a Nokia N810 MID, for the very reason mentioned.

Good luck!