Preupgrade failure

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Jan 25 14:32:28 UTC 2009

I've been trying to upgrade a Thinkpad T23 (ie very ancient) laptop
from Fedora-9 to Fedora-10 by running preupgrade.
The first stage - downloading the RPMs, etc - works fine,
and when I re-boot the install.img gets downloaded OK.
But then I get an error message suggesting that I "Try re-load".
I've repeated the process 3 or 4 times without success.

Fortunately, the old Fedora-9 system still seems to work fine.

I vaguely recall reading about some magic formula
that I can add to the Fedora-10 install entry in grub.conf ,
but have not been able to find this with google.