compiling Apache 2 for WebDAV

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Tue Jan 27 22:41:38 UTC 2009

Agile Aspect wrote:
> Hi - I'm trying build WebDAV into version 2.2.9 of
> Apache's HTTP server (the version shipped with Fedora 9)
> on a CentOS server.
>
> When I turn on all of the features we need, everything
> works except for WebDAV.
>
> If I move the HTTPD configuration file to Fedora 9 WebDAV
> works!
>
> If I then try to build version 2.2.9 from Apache source the
> same way I built it on the CentOS server on Fedora 9, I have
> the exact same problem.
>
> So it appears to be a problem with the manner in which
> I'm configuring the server - despite the fact in configures
> and builds without error.
>
> My question is how can I find all the 'configure' options used
> for building the Fedora 9 HTTPD server?
>
> Also, is anyone using Tomcat as a WebDAV server?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have rpmdevtools installed, and you have run
/usr/bin/rpmdev-setuptree before.

as YOU:

$ yumdownloader --source httpd

When you have the rpm downloaded:

$ rpm -ihv http...src.rpm

$ cd rpmbuild/SPECS

$ vi httpd.spec

In there you will see what arguments were given to the configure script.

You will notice that WebDav is built in.

On my F8 system:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav.so
httpd-2.2.9-1.fc8

On my F10 system:

$  rpm -qf /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_dav.so
httpd-2.2.10-2.x86_64

Good luck!