Linux apps to convert music files to MP3

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 1 00:03:11 UTC 2009

Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote
>
>> SoundConverter seems to converts a wav file to a ogg file.
>>
>> I want to convert to a MP3 file.
>>

> I just did this:
> /usr/bin/lame "my song.wav" "my song.mp3"
>
> I'm listening to the mp3 song at this moment.
> Consider installing and using lame.i386.
>
> ~af

 Hark_NatCole.wav   (Properties say that  this .wav file is  a  "Mpeg
Layer 3 Audio"

So I guess that is why I'm getting the below error, would that be correct ??

lame "Hark_NatCole.wav" "Hark_NatCole.mp3"  Unsupported data format: 0x0055

I forgot to say that I'm running a X86_64 box and there is no lame.i386
on my repos.