APC UPS

Nicholas Lysaght nicholasrf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 03:10:43 UTC 2009

Hi All.

I have an APC ES 550 UPS, and am relatively new to Fedora. I have noticed
that on moving the mouse pointer across the Toolbar, the bubble: "Computer
is running on AC Power, UPS is fully charged (100%)." comes up.

Does this mean that there is an existing UPS Monitoring Programme embedded
in Fedora9? If so, can it be accessed to change settings? Will it, in fact,
shut down the computer after after a given time, or is it just a visual
warning that the computer will just stop when the battery of the UPS has
lost all charge?

I look forward to your reply, and thank you in advance.

Regards

NICK