Error in Aptana Studio 1.2.1 on 64-bit Fedora 8 Eclipse

Dick Holland fedora at xegetix.com
Thu Jan 1 08:38:32 UTC 2009

I'm running 64-bit Fedora 8 which has this Eclipse onboard: "Fedora
Eclipse Platform Version: 3.3.0 Based on build id: I20070625-1500".

I have installed the Eclipse Plug-in version of Aptana Studio 1.2.1 as
per the instructions on http://www.aptana.com/studio/download and get
this error message box every time I start Eclipse:

"Showing My Aptana (Time of error:....) Reason: Check the details". The
"details" message says "Error". :-(

I can't now follow any further directions from the Aptana website as the
"My Aptana" feature does nothing, presumably because of this error.

Has anyone else experienced this and know the cause?

--
Dick Holland