fedora 10 can't get past boot menu

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 1 12:11:58 UTC 2009

Don Raikes wrote:
> I have had fedora 10 running fine for several weeks. Over the
Can you installing any updates ?

> weekend, I noticed that there was an error message displayed on the
> console something about a general protection error.
In windows, that sometime meant a fan was failing, or something
overheating, any chance of that.

> Everything was locked up, so I performed a hard reboot of the system.
> Now The system gets to the grub boot menu, but at that point, I can't
> do anything. The keyboard does not respond at all.
Type of keyboard (usb, ps2) ?
So escape doesn't work ?
Do the keyboard leds flash during power on ?

Can you get into bios with del or whatever key gets you into that ?

Could you try your keyboard on another machine, and another machine's
keyboard on your machine ?

> The system is configured to boot to level 3 (console) because I am a
How about level 1 to try some recovery ?  [guess not if no keyboard action].

DaveT.