APC UPS

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 3 02:49:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 20:36 -0600, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> > The APC units are still way too heavy and bulky. They are poorly
> > designed, being little more than batteries stuffed into a box that
> are
> > connected to circuit boards and 120v outlets.
>
> Cheap.  See above.
>
> The most depressing part of all of this is that companies producing
> professional-quality units aren't rewarded, so they either die or turn
> out low-end junk...as we're seeing.
----
here is a link for 1500VA units from PCCONNECTION.COM

http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Search.htm?CatId=203882&id=
+2147470225

they vary from $200 to $1000

There's a market for both cheap and for quality...personally, I'm buying
the APC Smart-UPS unit every time ($ 720 free-standing, $ 740 in rack
mount)

I think APC is quite successful

Craig