X locks up after a random time

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Jan 3 10:25:02 UTC 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009 01:36:01 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > Ok, this is a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo U9200, with Intel graphics, F10
> > 64bit, updated last week. KDE desktop, compiz and all, but I believe it
> > is not related.
>
> Interesting, I'd noticed the same thing over the past few days... hmm (Dell
> Latitude D620 here).
>
> In the meantime, I've tried backing down to using kernel-2.6.27.7-134.fc10
> (from kernel-2.6.27.9-159.fc10) to see if that makes any difference.

This Mandriva laptop has a variation on that.  With Desktop Effects on I get
random freezes, but I also get times when the mouse can move the cursor
around, but neither mouse-clicks or keyboard usage is registered.  This has
happened throughout, so I don't think that it's kernel-specific, but I do
think that it is probably related to what you are both seeing.

Anne