Activate second volume group at boot

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Sat Jan 3 23:09:23 UTC 2009

I have an external drive that I've created a second volume group on.
I've done a bit of poring over the init scripts in my /etc and in the
initrd image, but there doesn't seem to be any facility to activate
anything but VolGroup00 during the boot sequence.

There's something in the netfs script, but from what I can unconvolute
(comments in code are a Good Thing[tm]), it's not what I'm looking for.
I can write my own init script, but I was wondering if there's already a
facility to do it that I've missed, I prefer to use the Fedora Way if it
exists.

Thanks,
e.