Attempting DVD install :Fedora 10 x86_64 missing rpm?

Ernest L. Williams Jr. ernesto at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 5 10:58:21 UTC 2009

Veli-Pekka Kestilä wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>> Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
>> > "eclipse.-nls-zh-xxxx-.rpm" could not be read, giving me the option to
>> > eject the disk or reboot"
>>
>> c: workaround file read issue by not trying the install eclipse
>> during the installation (do it after you boot up). You may find there
>> are further disk reading problems though. This could be because it is
>> an aging dvd drive, or it might have trouble once it gets hot etc.
>>
> I have had similar problems before and my fix was to use different
> brand disk and/or different burner. Prior 10 there was retry option
> which usually helped in similar situations, but it was helpfully
> removed sometime after F8.
What brand of disk did you try?  What brand of burner?
I think that maybe the drivers for my DVD hardware is not working properly.

I will ask someone else with x86_64 OS to try my DVD disk tomorrow.

My current course of action is just to use the  "preupgrade" solution.
So far, the upgrade from FC9 to FC10 is progressing. :)

-- Ernesto