Attempting DVD install :Fedora 10 x86_64 missing rpm?

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Mon Jan 5 11:22:46 UTC 2009

Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Veli-Pekka Kestilä wrote:
>> David Timms wrote:
>>> option to
>>>
>>> c: workaround file read issue by not trying the install eclipse
>>> during the installation (do it after you boot up). You may find
>>> there are further disk reading problems though. This could be
>>> because it is an aging dvd drive, or it might have trouble once it
>>> gets hot etc.
>>>
>> I have had similar problems before and my fix was to use different
>> brand disk and/or different burner. Prior 10 there was retry option
>> which usually helped in similar situations, but it was helpfully
>> removed sometime after F8.
> What brand of disk did you try?  What brand of burner?
> I think that maybe the drivers for my DVD hardware is not working
> properly.

Disks are Samsung pleomax (Cheapest I could get) and Linux machine has
LG-DVD drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L, SL00, max UDMA/66, Can't
remember if I burned the failed disk with that or my windows desktop
(Toshiba-Samsung SATA drive). I suspect that at least on my desktop the
drive has some problems when burning disks. So I usually burn them with
my server(that linux machine) or laptop.

Working disk I burned with my laptop's dvd-burner (Matshita)

Veli-Pekka