Upgrade Has Caused A Downgrade

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Jan 5 21:55:03 UTC 2009

The 'bare metal' install fails while installing the base packages, so
there are no logs available. I'm going to attempt to get a re-spin and
burn the new DVD from another machine.  It has also been suggested that I
try Fedora 10 or CentOS 5.2.  I'll try Fedora 10 if the re-spin doesn't
work.

Using Fedora 8, I installed the gkrellm monitor (yum -y install gkrellm*)
and all 4-cores are acting independent (as did the 2-cores on the original
AMD x2).  It could very well be a driver, so I'll poke around the mobo CD
and see what I find.

Any other suggestions would be would be considered.

Thanks,
Gene Poole