Mount usb drive with mount -a fails after f10 upgrade

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 12:58:43 UTC 2009

Happy New Year!

I recently upgraded a RHEL5 server to F10.  Yes there were many
headaches doing the upgrade.

I have one remaining problem that I can not fix.That is the usb drive
that I have in fstab will not mount when I issue the following command

mount -a

[root at financialseal media]# mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1,
        dmesg | tail  or so
My usb drive mounted fine using fstab with EL5.

I can mount the usbdrive using, all as root

mount -t ext2 /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk
or
mount -t auto /dev/sdc1 /media/usbdisk

lsusb and lshal all see this device and see the file system (ext2).
This drive I want to mount to a specific location because I use it as a
scheduled backup device.

I have searched the web over the holidays and am at a dead end.  I do
not understand why this quite working after the upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Joe