F9->F10 No GDM

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 7 00:10:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 15:46 -0500, Eric Mesa wrote:
> The question is - do I now have to always worry about my updates
> causing me to go away from 173 or does this 173xx package make it so
> that my nVidia packages are never upgraded again?

The kmod nVidia package needs updating any time that you install a new
kernel (they both need to be the same version).  The alternative akmod
for Nvidia automatically compiles a new version to go with a newly
installed kernel, if it needs to, at boot time.  This releases you from
the problem where no kmod package has been created, yet, when you do a
system update that installs a new kernel.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.