NetworkManager: IP address == Broadcast address?

Patrick fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 7 08:39:48 UTC 2009

Rick Stevens wrote:
[snip]
>> Question:
>> Is this a bug? I'm no IP addressing expert so IP address == broadcast
>> address might be valid.
>
> It is absolutely incorrect.  Your NIC should NOT have the broadcast
> address as its IP address.

Thanks. That's good to know.

[snip]

> I believe there is/was a bug in NM, so make sure you update it.  You may
> have to hand-edit the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 script
> to fix it.

My system is already updated and there's no newer NetworkManager. In
updates-testing I only see an update to NetworkManager-openvpn.

Unfortunately The ifcfg-ppp0 script you refer to does not exist on my
system. The only ones I have on my laptop are:

[root at localhost ~]# locate ifcfg-
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0
/usr/lib64/NetworkManager/libnm-settings-plugin-ifcfg-fedora.so
/usr/share/doc/irda-utils-0.9.18/ifcfg-irlan0

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick