HiJacking Threads Was: hostapd for Fedora 10

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:37:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> I presume that's because Gmane is a news posting service. Every
>> genuine email client I know of supports In-Reply-To. You'll notice
>> that posts on this list from Gmane users are usually out of their
>> proper threads. Now you know why. Same thing happens with Yahoo
>> apparently. Solution: avoid broken clients.
>
> Like yours? The mails I'm sending with KNode (an NNTP client) through GMane
> thread fine in the official archives at redhat.com (as well as obviously in
> KNode itself).

(I've only just noticed your post Kevin, sorry.)

I'm using the Gmail web interface for this list, basically as an
experiment. If it's not threading properly, I'll consider changing
(needless to say, it *does* thread properly on Gmail :-)

However I see that Gmail does add the Message-ID and In-Reply-To
headers, so are you sure the problem is at my end?

poc