Python Guru needed

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 23:18:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Matthew Flaschen wrote:
>>
>> Jim wrote:
>>

>>> FC 10/KDE
>>>
>>> I'm trying to set a simple Alarm Clock in FC10 and I have a Python
>>> script I picked up, but I have error, running the script.
>>> Can you explain to me with # comments on each line how to make this work.
>>>
>>> import time
>>> import os
>>>
>>> not_executed = 1
>>>
>>> while(not_executed):
>>> dt = list(time.localtime(time.time())
>>> hour = dt[3]
>>> minute = dt[4]
>>> if hour == 5 and minute == 45:
>>> os.popen2("open /Users/jun/shout.mp3")
>>> not_executed = 0
>>>

>>> Error Message;
>>>
>>> $ python AlarmClock
>>>  File "AlarmClock", line 7
>>>   dt = list(time.localtime(time.time())
>>>    ^
>>> IndentationError: expected an indented block
>>>

>> It's because of Python's always charming significant whitespace.  I.E.
>> Python uses indenting instead of braces, making problems like this
>> extremely common.  (No sane language even has "IndentationErrors". Also,
>> you were missing a paren, but that's not what caused the error above.
>>
>> A correct version is attached.  Hopefully it will not get mangled by
>> your client.
>>
>> Matt Flaschen
>>

> I ran yo
> $ python times.py
> Welcome to the talking alarm clock
> This program is public domain
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "times.py", line 1, in <module>
>   import time
>  File "/home/mickey/time.py", line 8, in <module>
>   t = time.localtime(time.time())
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'localtime'
>
> Python is having problems of execute this line.
>
> t = time.localtime(time.time())

1) This is getting offtopic
2) You need to at least send us the script you're using
3) There is no way that that line of code doesn't work if you did
`import time` first
4) You may want to check and IRC channel such as irc://freenode.net/fedora

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )