kernel update last night overwrote my grub.conf

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 8 14:53:41 UTC 2009

As in cleaned it all out, leaving only 1 of 20 some old entries I had in it.

I know a kernel update used to play with the default & fallback entries and
would delete 2 versions back, but it left the rest of the file alone so the
formatting damage was generally minor to fix.  Having it delete 20 some
entries that I'll have to re-create if I want to test something against an
older kernel is uncalled for.

Also, a recent ntp update removed /etc/rc3.d/S58ntpd, another bad show, and
explains why I don't see anything from ntpd in my logs till I started it by
hand after a reboot.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)