How do I allow regular user access to ttyUSB0 ?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:05:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This worked.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm glad I asked.  I was about to
> hand edit things.  This is much nicer.

The PolicyKit and ConsoleKit stuff is really really neat, but you have
to know about it.
It works really well with udev in a way that the pam_console approach can't.

I wish the developers would talk more about it in a way aimed at users
and admins about the capabilities.  There are commandline tools for
policy authorizations as well.

> For the record, it was in System-> Preferences->System->Authorizations.

Yeah I always screw up the menu tree.

-jef