How do I allow regular user access to ttyUSB0 ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:30:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 11:05 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This worked.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm glad I asked.  I was about to
> > hand edit things.  This is much nicer.
>
> The PolicyKit and ConsoleKit stuff is really really neat, but you have
> to know about it.
> It works really well with udev in a way that the pam_console approach can't.

It certainly looks great.  KDE needs an application like this.  Is it
worth posting to bugzilla about it ?

> I wish the developers would talk more about it in a way aimed at users
> and admins about the capabilities.

Ditto.

>   There are commandline tools for
> policy authorizations as well.

Its getting really old having to Google to figure out stuff and then
edit files or issue obscure command line commands, especially when its
something that you'll only do once in a while, ie you forget before the
next time you do it.