the ATI proprietary driver and F10

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Jan 9 01:44:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009 02:50:45 pm Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> >> Try:
> >> system-config-display --reconfig
> >
> > I don't have a usable system so probably I can't do that now.
>
> You can boot into runlevel 3 which will give you a console login prompt..
> no X. login as root at that console and try that command. It will attempt
> to start an X server with default configs as Fedora understands them. But
> since the ATI script didnt create an xorg.conf file I dont hold high
> expectations on this working.
>

> -jef

Thanks Jef, but I could not figure out how to boot into runlevel 3. I know how
to do this from a terminal prompt but could not get that far in the process.
So I blew away the installation and reinstalled on top. Am now updating and
configuring.

dave

--
Canada must refuse to be entangled in any more wars fought to make the world
safe for capitalism.

-- The Regina Manifesto, 1933