the ATI proprietary driver and F10

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jan 9 04:09:49 UTC 2009

Dave Stevens wrote:
> Thanks Jef, but I could not figure out how to boot into runlevel 3. I know
> how to do this from a terminal prompt but could not get that far in the
> process. So I blew away the installation and reinstalled on top. Am now
> updating and configuring.

That was probably the best solution. Next time stay away from install
scripts, that's what RPMs are for. Uninstalling stuff installed with a
script is always a PITA. And that there is no fglrx RPM in the stable RPM
Fusion repositories for F10 is not an oversight, it's missing for a reason.

        Kevin Kofler