Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 9 19:28:05 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

SNIP

>> I think the issue comes when you are not using DHCP as many do.  If over the
>> years, you have used setup scripts the NM default approach is a problem.
>>
>> On this fresh install I had to setup my network info in NM at first. Then I
>> moved to network services and turned off NM.  A two step approach to get
>> back to the Old way.
>>
>> As for network info, I found I had to edit the /etc/sysconfig/networking
>> manually because system-config-network kept corrupting the settings.  I need
>> to do some testing and file a bug report.
>

> On my desktop, I have DHCP available, but i use a static IP.
>
> All I did was use sytem-config-network, and check 'start on boot' and
> uncheck 'controlled by NM'. Does this not work for you guys?

I don't have access to DHCP over the wire (YET) but
system-config-network didn't work for me.  It wouldn't save the proper
netmask and kept creating it's own.  Both here at work and at home.

As I said, I have to file a bug report.  Still trying to get caught up
on email and  work from two weeks off for Xmas.

--
Robin Laing