Mandatory Profile on Fedora 9

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 9 19:42:13 UTC 2009

Bravismore Mumanyi wrote:
> Can someone help with how I can possibly go ahead and create a mandatory
> profile for a public user account. I am managing public computing in a
> library and would like users to use one common account. However, other
> tech-savy users delete shortcuts and menu items to confuse starters. I
> would therefore want to have this common account with preferences that
> no-one except 'root' can change.
>
> If there is a way to automatically log-on the account on start-up?
>
> Regards
> /Bravo

Look at Xguest.

I just found out about this and I plan on using it.  I am still looking
for decent documentation on configuring the system and desktop for my needs.

The idea behind it is a default is loaded and any changes are lost and
the system is restored to the default on each login.

--
Robin Laing