My first (bottom) panel doesn't keep its width and the icons move around. (F10, KDE4.1.x)

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 16:08:09 UTC 2009

I'm running F10, 32 bit, KDE.

I have 2 panels on my desktop.

One is on the top of my desktop and it has pager and the task manager.
Its the full width of the desktop.

The second panel is on the bottom of the desktop.  Its centered and
occupies about 1/3 of the width.  It has my application icons in it.
Firefox, kmix, kstart, dolphin, kterm, etc.

I *REALLY* like this layout.

However, whenever I log out and log back in, the bottom (centered, 1/3
width) panel loses its width and gumbles up the icons.   Upon login, its
usually about 2/3rds the width of the desktop and icons change position.
Its done this since the first time I ran F10, I've just never bothered
to report it before now.

If I resize the panel, it stays put until the next time I log in, but if
I log out and log back in, it resizes itself.

How do I fix this ?