/home directary data loss

王召峰 joggers at 163.com
Sun Jan 11 04:41:44 UTC 2009

Help!
I used "yum update" updated my system the other day, then I restarted the computer, but it couldn't get in!
So I used the DVD containing Fedora ISO to rescue the system, but I still saw nothing in /home/houghes which stores all my important files!
But then my first aim was to get the system up, and I used the DVD and chose "update existing sytem" hoping to get back to the point where I hadn't updated Fedora using "yum update". Though this is not the result, I got it!
But I still couldn't see anything in /home/houghes !
And since the system start-up process is so different from before, I covered /boot/grub/grub.conf with /boot/grub/grub.conf~ , and the start-up is normal now!
But how Can I Get My /home/houghes data back?! Help!