/home directary data loss

Thomas Iverson ghosthomas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 05:13:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM, 王召峰 <joggers at 163.com> wrote:
> Help!
> I used "yum update" updated my system the other day, then I restarted the
> computer, but it couldn't get in!
> So I used the DVD containing Fedora ISO to rescue the system, but I still
> saw nothing in /home/houghes which stores all my important files!
> But then my first aim was to get the system up, and I used the DVD and chose
> "update existing sytem" hoping to get back to the point where I hadn't
> updated Fedora using "yum update". Though this is not the result, I got it!
> But I still couldn't see anything in /home/houghes !
> And since the system start-up process is so different from before, I covered
> /boot/grub/grub.conf with /boot/grub/grub.conf~ , and the start-up is normal
> now!
> But how Can I Get My /home/houghes data back?! Help!

Did you separated the home directory as a partition ? If so , try to
mount it on a livecd or somewhat
If not , I strongly recommend you don't get your important data
storaged on an operating system which you just started to learn and
use.

BTW , DO NOT use the 163.com email account , it contains ads and your
email will proberly detected as spam.

--
Keep It Simple Stupid
http://www.ghostunix.org