cifs filesystem mounting problem

Aravind Arjunan aravind.arjunan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 06:10:32 UTC 2009

hi,,

am having my samba server in RHEL 5.0.
And all my clients are using Fedora 9,nearly 100 clients are there now,
For roaming profile of my samba share for my samba server to these fedora
clients.
I have to mount their profile path  /sambaserver/share to the client
(fedora) machine
through cifs are smbfs file system.

So from my fedora machine when i try to mount cifs filesystem in my fedora
machine like,

*mount.cifs //SAMBA_SERVER/share /mount_point/ -o
username=user,password=abcdef*

am getting

*mount error 20 = Not a directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)*
**
so i searched in forums and google for the above error, and i get to
execute,

*echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LinuxExtenxsionsEnabled*
**
after executing this i can able to mount through cifs filesystems.No problem
in that and i can able to access my datas in the share from folder.
But when i try make an entry in */etc/fstab* for making mounting all the
time whenever the machine reboots like

*//192.168.1.101/centos  /home/centos
cifs    username=user,password=abcdef        0 0*
**
And i saved it and rebooted my machine. When my fedora machine boots up at
the booting time itself it is prompting for password
where i cant able to give my password and when i press enter it is getting
failed.

I had tried through automount also throu autofs. But it not works.
Help me with this issue. Thanks in advance