multimedia keys, F10

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:21:10 UTC 2009

on 01/09/2009 01:49 AM Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> oleksandr korneta wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> can anyone help me to make my multimedia keyboard work under F10?
>
>> Any suggestions  how to make my multimedia keys work again are appreciated
>
> Refer
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/

thanks,  but this is a dead end. That quirk presumes that your
multimedia keys produce some events in either xev or dmesg or at least
"sometimes work using extra software like tpd and lineakd". Well, I
repeat my keys produce no output neither xev nor dmesg. Lineakd again
relies on xev output so the circle closes, and I was not able to find
that tpd software but I assume this is something for Lenovo Thinkpad
laptops so not applicable for my Microsoft keyboard.

This keyboard used to work just perfectly in F8 with kbd driver and I
still believe it is possible to make it work with evdev.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F10 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./