fc10 install, questions

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Jan 12 03:34:34 UTC 2009

w bugar wrote:
> Where is the prompt for display manuf like I remember in prior installs?

system-config-display
It should be in the menu as well.

> I can't find xorg.conf file anywhere in /etc or /usr.

That's because none is needed in most cases.
/etc/X11/xorg.conf is where you'd create one.

> Is there an RPM somewhere containing all possible libraries to make Totem
> happy? I sure am tired messing with this thing.

You need gstreamer-plugins-ugly, gstreamer-plugins-bad and gstreamer-ffmpeg
from RPM Fusion Free (or alternatively, xine-lib and totem-xine from Fedora
and xine-lib-extras-freeworld from RPM Fusion Free and switch the totem
backend to xine - you can also install both and switch at any moment) and
libdvdcss from Livna.

        Kevin Kofler