FC9 for a ASUS Eee 700

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jan 12 18:41:35 UTC 2009

I jsuyt purchased a mildly used ASUS Eee 700 (something, seller was not
explicit) from ebay.

Has a 4Gb SSD and 512Mb ram.  Also an SD slot.  It is coming with some
Linux (assume Ubuntu?), but want something I am more used to.  I would
have gone with Centos, but could never get my SD slot on my HP nc4010
working.

So I figured I want a little stablity so I would go with FC9 (really
9.5) and I should get enough to fit on that 4Gb drive (2Mb swap for
hibernation to swap).  And I should be able to get virtual windowing to
work so I have a large enough desktop for most things I will be doing.

Is FC9 the way to go, or should I take the dive with FC10?  What are
others running on their Eee?