Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:46:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>> All I did when I installed F9 was check that box.
>>
>> When I log into KDE, the NM applet pops up its notice saying that the
>> ethernet is connected. But it's connected at least by time the login
>> screen comes up.
>>

> Nope.  Didn't work for me. Doesn't work that way in F10 either.

Well I am trying to show that there must be some variable here. I
didn't put much thought into it, I never thought it was some big deal.

> Again,
> I hate to beat a dead horse, but NM is great, in theory.  But only so.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

> The current implementation is just badly conceived and I hate being
> forced to deal with it.  Linux was all about choice at one time. I don't
> like getting crap like NM shoved down my throat.

It to easy to remove to say that you have no choice in the matter.
Being able to remove things you don't want has always been part of the
choice.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )