Network interfaces refusing to start on boot: F10

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jan 13 11:19:18 UTC 2009

Around about 06/01/09 20:55, Phil Meyer typed ...
> Network manager will then have the network available whenever a user is
> logged in, even in run mode 3. (like when you want to do a major update)
> If you need to start network services after an interface is up, use the
> scripts in:
> /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d
> If you need network services available all the time, then that is a
> server, by definition, and by all means its fair to turn off
> NetworkManager.

   Would that cover sshd?  If so, remote admin couldn't ever log in unless a
user was also logged in starting NM?

   When F9 introduced this for boot up, we hit here the problem of user a/cs
being auth'd via LDAP;  there was no user, so no network, so no LDAP, so no
login, so no user, ...

   Has this catch-22 been resolved?  (maybe the ONBOOT jobby only applies to
NM< and you can now start I/Fs at bootup with NM?)

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature