F10 dual boot Opensuse 11.1?

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 19:03:18 UTC 2009

One of my machines is currently running Opensuse 11.1 (updated from
11.0) and I would like to switch it over to F10.
It is imperative however, that for a while I can also boot into
opensuse until I am confident that all data (and software) is working
properly in F10.
I have /opt on its own partition which has 90% of my custom programs
and data and scripts. I will need to mount that in F10 as well.
My key concern is something that should be simple, Grub, should not
overwrite the boot loader info. In the past when testing distros, I
was always told that it's simple, but in fact, the last distro
installed ususally won <g>. (Even after many hours playing with grub.)
What I want to know is that since F10 has new boot stuff, does it
finally respect another distro at least like Windoz, and automatically
configure the boot menu to allow use of either distro? Is it at least
truly simple to configure manually?

thanx
natG